.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Vancouver...intriguing unsolved mystery!




Lay Lady Lay
(Nashville Skyline)


Calderhouse Inn



In the old "head" days in Vancouver, I dwelled in a two-story craftsman-style building, which was divided into quaint individual apartments.

Back in the seventies, the 4th Avenue scene was pretty footloose and carefree.

At the time, I was just starting to collect a few select antiques.

One of my fondest possessions was a beautiful antique bed (a lover gave it to me) - which was quite appropos - in view of the fact Body Dylan's song (Lay Lady Lay) was popular at the time.

During that time period, I was quite involved in painting, since I was preparing for one of my first one-man exhibitions in trendy Gastown at the Galerie Allen (downtown Vancouver).

In those innocent days, I never locked my apartment door, that's how safe Kitsilano was in those romantic easy-going days.


One day, I returned home and was startled to spy Oscar Wilde's book "The Happy Prince" propped up and open on my bed, with a sheet of paper casually tucked inside the binding.

I plucked it up and found myself reading this lovely poem:

Untitled

Uncertain of the things I'll find
I explore you as an enchanted forest
that what may come may be a storm
but all may be as wondrous

Vain may be all thoughts of love
As lovely as the sight may be
of one that so close compares
to a century of dreaming

Author Unknown

Who left it?

Ah!

A mystery yet to be resolved to this day, if only for curiosity sake.

News at 11!



A former employer!
(Royal Vancouver Yacht Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment