.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Democrats...Membership card arrives by snail mail! Lucille Ball a communist...



Million dollar smile in wallets around America!




Lo & behold!

Imagine that.

I opened up my snail-mail box and there was a surprising offering for me from the Democrats (fired off at the directive of Nancy Pelosi).

It was a generous invitation to become a full-fledged member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC).

Although I immigrated to the U.S. from Canada decades ago, I have never been associated with any political party.

I am generally not that kind of beast.

In fact, when I am queried as to whether I am a Democrat or Republican, I proudly respond:

"I'm a Canadian."

What's a boy to do?

After all, joining the democrats may come back to haunt me.

Who knows?

Some Americans might recall that way back in the McCarthy era, there was a witch hunt on for communists in the film and televsion industry.

Unfortunately, Lucille Ball - who was the star of her hit show at the time - was singled out as a "red" through and through (along with a posse of other writers, actors, and directors).

The shake-down for Lucy began when it was discovered she once attended a meeting for the communist party before she became ultra famous.

As it turned out, Ms. Ball attended one party meeting to appease her grandfather, who was tinkering with other political philosophies at the time.

Regrettably - as Ricky would say - she had some splainin'  to do.

Poor Ms. Ball  - she was dragged before the Committee - and  hounded and harassed  until they were satisified she wasn't a nasty commie traitor.

By the way, the membership card has some physcial appeal, too.

It fits snugly in a wallet window, where die-hard Obama followers can glance at the Saviour's image (it's etched on the face of the card) now and then throughout the busy work day when they feel a need for hope or inspiration or advice on where to vacation in tough economic times.

Surprisingly, the Democrats have chosen a profile shot not normally used with Barack Obama looking "left".

If it stimulates the cash flow through my wallet, well I'm no stick in the mud.

In it goes, nice 'n easy!

On the reverse of the card there is a reminder about my importance in the scheme of things.

"Please accept this card as a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee as a symbol of your leadership within the National Democratic Party."

Whoopee!

Will it gaurantee me a burger, an  invite to the White House beer garden, and carte blance to gate crash?

Sure wouldn't mind kicking up my heels at one of those wild parties Obama's always tossing (according to the tabloids).

If an overnighter is conceivable, then I'll put my dibs on the Lincoln Room, please.

And, I'd like a personal tour of the Oval office where Clinton blew a little smoke with Monica and coined the phrase a "Lewinski".




No comments:

Post a Comment