.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pavillions...security guards harass shoppers! Management looks other way...


Goofy irresponsible Management spoils shopping experience!
(WeHo)




Thursday night customers at Pavillions in WeHo were a tad miffed when a security guard strode up to the cozy Starbucks cafe and instructed the handful of regulars sipping on tasty beverages and engaging in a bit of upbeat chatter that the section was being shut-down.

Huh?

The hands on the plain modern clock on the wall confirmed that it was just shy of  9 p.m. on a Thursday night in the heart of gay gulch.

Right off-the-bat, a couple of die-hard social butterflies hauled a couple of straight-back chairs to the other side of the partition, plunked themselves down, and carried on in spite of the nasty impolite intrusion.

"Heh," yelled out the surly African-American guard, "put those chairs back."

One elderly gent piped up in a knee-jerk sort-of reaction.

"We'll just wait here until the cleaning crew finish up," he huffed at the Pavillions staffer.

At this point, the big lug was quick on the uptake, too.

"I'm shutting this section down for the night," he snarled back.

A disgruntled local resident asked to speak to the manager.

"I don't need to get a manager, 'cause I know who I am," he hollered back as he glared down his nose and snickered under his breath.

Huh?

What does "knowing who you are" have to do with a request to rustle up the store manager?

Something was amiss!

This a**hole's attitude, for starters.

I wasn't surprised by what went down, though.

In the past few weeks I reported on a handful of African-American security guards abusing their authority at the same Pavillions.

For instance, I witnessed a couple of racist guards follow white folks around the store - and on a few occasions - harass and intimidate them without provocation.

Although loyal customers have complained about these individuals, management has not taken any action - in fact, in some cases - hasn't even bothered to respond (in spite of the fact pamphlets at the cashier encourage consumers to lodge their opinions on service and quality with the understanding their voice(s) will be heard).

It's all for show, eh?

Shortly after my post was published on the Internet, and the security guards recognized me later when I was shopping in the store, they began to whisper amongst themselves (and point me out to fellow employees).

Now, they give me the old hairy eye-ball everytime I saunter into the store.

'Ya know, I've been shopping at this location for twenty years, and I don't intend to let a gang of thugs intimidate me or try to discourage me from shopping there if I so choose.

When you consider these bullies are outsiders who come into the neighborhood daily to work - then shuffle off at the end of the shift to some hellhole in another part of town - it's downright annoying.

An ill-mannered uneducated ruffian with no class - though attired in a well-pressed dark monkey suit provided by the security company - is still a low-life ruffian (no matter how you cut it).

I generally just breeze in, purchase a handful of items, then pay at the automated cashier.

Subsequently, I have as little contact as possible with these unsophisticated losers.

A scripture says it succinctly:

Never throw pearls before swine.

Amen!
 
 


Pavillions distorted perception about white folks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment