.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Alexander McQueen...shrine on Melrose! Ghostly image in skull...

Joyous facet of Alexander!


Unique flair for the exotic!



Last night as I was heading home, I spied a few Alexander McQueen fans, congregating at the entrance to his Melrose Avenue boutique.

Upon closer scrutiny, my eye caught a dozen or so flickering candles sprawled out on the street, alongside a myriad of heart-felt handwritten notes.

Turns out, fans stricken with sorrow, chose to express their adoration impromptu, by virtue of a shrine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-q9dMnvgso

In addition to the candles (some with the Virgin Mary's image etched on their face) a number of beautiful flower arrangements had been placed amidst precious little gifts that underscored just how much the talent designer was loved.

Quite a few pedestrians who strolled by were also inclined to - stop, pay their respects, and snap a photo or two - before they nosed their way on down trendy Melrose Avenue known the world over (and poplularized by the Aaron spelling weekly pot-boiler on ABC TV).

If you recall, I reported on the sudden death of Mr. McQueen yesterday, which featured a photographic still or two of the designer's creative (visionary) handiwork.

Post: 02/11/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/02/alexander-mcqueendead-40-fashion-world.html

Curiously, a macabre feeling swept over me at one point near midnight.

Intriguing that the retail outlet on Melrose featurex a wall-sized mural of two skulls on each side of the front door.

Just a coincidence or a hint of McQueen's longing for death?

Something downright mysterious also occurred while I was video-taping the skulls.

On the skull on the right - just above the jaw and mouth area - I glimpsed what appeared to be a ghostly face peering back.

My imagination?

The night lights playing tricks with my eyes, I expect.

Eerie, none-the-less, from where I stood.

On that note - good night - sweet Prince!




No comments:

Post a Comment