.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

AFI...a class act again! John Wildman PR man exit paves way...





 



A few weeks ago, I stopped reporting on AFI events - screenings, award-winners - special events - because of bad experiences with an a**hole by the name of John Wildman who headed up the Publicity Department.

Post:  02/02/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/02/john-wildmanpr-loser-exits-afi-fest.html

Just recently, by virtue of a press notice, I learned that AFI's top dawg vacated his post (without any explanation).

So, I was inclined to contact the AFI at the Western Avenue headquarters to determine the nitty-gritty.

In spite of the fact my e-mail inquiry was zipped off  to the institute's general address, I was quite surprised (happily so) to spy a quick response from the AFI in the yahoo mailbox the following day from the office of the Executive Assistant to the COO.

In a straight-forward no-nonesense manner, Ms. Conner (in charge of that office) confirmed that Wildman was no longer with the prestigious film entity.

Well, I'm impressed.

It appears that AFI is back on track and handling issues with a modicum of good taste and class.

So, look forward to press coverage in the future, whenever their revamped publicity department enlightens  me about upcoming AFI events.


AFI Headquarters
(Hollywood)

No comments:

Post a Comment