.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

American Idol...Howard Stern & Ellen DeGeneres add sizzle! Meow...


ole blue eyes!



When the news went zig-zagging at lightning speed around the globe that Howard Stern was the numero uno choice to replace Cowell on American Idol, I chuckled at the thought of old pottie mouth tossing barbs back and forth with perky talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres.

A few months ago, I penned a tweet on Ellen (The Ellen Show & Ellen Fans & I follow each other on Twitter) in which I playfully joked that when it came to America's favorite past-time - dancing - Ellen was bit spastic.

Within minutes, Ellen zipped off a tweet levelled at Howard Stern.

"Howard just tweeted that he didn't like my dancing," Ellen wailed.

Was it a coincidence that Stern just happened to poke fun at the comedian on the heels of my own jibe?

Or, does the scraggly-haired king of the airwaves - with the startling blue eyes - read my posts on the Tattler?

No matter, in the final analysis.

Something tells me that if Fox tosses Stern and Ellen (sounds like a law firm doesn't it?) into the hot seats tailored-made for the winsome two-some - that American Idol is going to sizzle.

I can't imagine that the outsider network would cough up to $10 mil for a stint on the popular night-time enterterainment show, though.

Also - there is the issue of content - and Howard's tendency to go off at the mouth.

A case in point.

Today, when I was in whole foods facilitating their WiFi - after a bit of mindless-shopping - I cruised the Internet for a few secs to gleen some background information on the funky radio pirhana.

By error, I clicked on a link that featured some of Stern's material, and was summarily denied access.

A dialogue box generated by the Whole Foods web site noted that the content was not suitable fo a family-based outlet such as their own.

Forget about that flakey dude in Sacramento, Howard, there are bigger fish to win over in Corporate America.

Does Fox realize that?

Frankly, in my opinion, it's all smoke and mirrors. 

Mostly smoke, of the green and leafy kind, if you ask me.

Or, just maybe just a pipe dream for Fox?

Bottom line, it's all about generating publicity for a show on its last legs; after all, I predict this will be the last season.

Notwithstanding, when you consider that Fox has been too cheap up 'til now to pump some cold hard cash into the late-night talk-show arena to compete with Letterman & Leno, it is doubtful they'll put out big bucks to pump life into a reality-show facing mortality.

Heck, if they're going to start waving that kind of dough around, I just might conjure up a little raunch (and controversy at the Tattler) to get noticed by the suits in the executive suite.

Heck, I'd sign on the dotted line in blood, for $5 million smackeroos.

News at 11!



Don't turn your back on Howard, Ellen!
(you might get goosed)

No comments:

Post a Comment