.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Surrender...quaint San Francisco cafe gathering spot! Scrumptuous treats..



That's damn good tea!


Delicious Delectable Desserts



When I was up in San Francisco last week, I was fortunate to stumble on a quaint little cafe (on Market Street just shy of Castro) known as "Sweet Surrender".

For the most part, the locals tend to pop in for coffee (cafe au lait is my own first choice) and a mouth-watering dessert (delicious!) as they chat up friends.

For those who are inclined to sit back and ponder the world as the glorious parade passes by on the busy city steet outside, there are two large bay windows to gaze out of.

Personally, I tended to plunk myself down by a small water fountain, where I found the sound of the trickling water quite therapeutic.

Just recently, I learned that the bakery has been opened since 1962!

So, a number of notables, may have passed through those doors (Harvey Milk, for starters).

Although there is an inviting refrigerated display case brimming with fancy tarts that pack a high-calorie whallop, Sweet Surrender is known for eye-catching specialty cakes, which may be ordered up at their web site.

The "kids" who man the counter are easy-going and polite and a definite asset to the cozy little respite from it all.

If you're a people-watcher, then breeze in on weekend nights, when the java house is packed with a lot of eye candy!.

It's often been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Here, the old truism appears to rule the day!

Oftentimes, as I sipped on a piping-hot cup of tea and checked my e-mail, my nostrils were assailed by the tantalizing aroma of fresh-baked goods (after all, the kitchen is on site).

Yummy!

By the way, a small purchase will rustle you up two free hours of WiFi, too.

Munch on delectable treats as you cruise the internet satisfying a hunger of a different order.

Through my own satisfying experience, I have found that the cafe is one of the most relaxing places to do just that, you betcha.

Enjoy!


The owners display local artists' work each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment