.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ru Paul...Drag Race! Addictive and downright fit for a Queen!







Monday night I was  trekking up Santa Monica when I spied an effervescent flock of gay dudes whooping it up at Mickey's Nightclub.

For the beginning of the week - even in WeHo - it was  quite a turn out at a local watering hole.

As I approached the recently-decorated nightclub (it mysteriously went up in flames last year) I suddenly caught site of a smattering  of high-tech screens sprinkled strategically about the popular hang-out for maximum viewing capability.

All eyes were focused on a gaggle of giggling females (Drag Queens) exuberantly sashaying about on screen this way 'n that.

OMG!

The highly touted  "Ru Paul Drag Race" was being broadcast coast to coast on Logo TV.com (and I was missing it).

For those completely in the dark (or in the closet) Drag Race is the Pop Icon's spanking (emphasis here) new tongue-in-check (wrong choice of phrases?) entertainment offering.

Ru Paul is a friend on myspace, so I suppose I'd better whip up a promo before I get a bitch lashing!

Frankly, I don't know how I missed the broadcast; after all, when I was in San Francisco last week -  billboards advertising the Logo comedy - were everywhere high and low (even at bus  shelters).

If  I am not mistaken, it's kind of a search for the top model, but with a delicious transexual twist!

Needless to say, I plan to tune in Monday Night (9/8c) - and if suitably jolted -  may even be inspired to rustle up a review.

Entertainment weekly warned it is incredibly addictive so I expect there will be a lot to crow - um - hen about.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment