.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

San Francisco...Asian clerk @ David's food store rips off tourists! Idiot can't speak English, either...





Rip-off grocer!



Sometimes the stupidity (and gall) of people is quite shocking!

For example, on occasion during the course of my fun vacation in San Francisco, I have patronized a couple of the local grocery stores in the vicinity of my Hotel in the business district.

Now and then, my sweet tooth rears its ugly head, and I dash out to satiate it.

On those occasions during the late-night munchie hours, I have been inclined to pop into a variety store just around the corner (612 Kearny) to pluck up a small bag of lemon drops, jelly beans, what-have-you.

Like other stores around the city - and in Los Angeles, too - the store sells a brand of candy that is priced @ the princely sum (!) of  2 packages for $1.00 (which is printed on the top in plain view).

Without fail, over the past week or so, the cashier(s) on duty have charged me fifty cents in the event I trot up to the counter with one package in hand.

 After all, one dollar divided by two is fifty cents.

If my childhood lessons in arithmetic serve me well!

I admit, some stores will charge fifty-nine cents, in the event one package is selected instead of two.

I have no qualms with that scenario in the least (a surcharge for opting out?).

However, today when I approached the counter to pay, the clerk refused to take fifty cents (in spite of the fact his co-workers have done just that over the course of the past  week).

Instead, he stabbed he package with a stubby finger where the price of $1.00 was printed, and gestured that he required that sum as payment (in spite of the fact I only wanted to purchase one bag of candy).

Is this man a moron, or what?

Then, the second problem arose!

When I attempted to explain that shopkeepers at stores around California usually charged fifty cents for one bag (or fifty-nine cents depending on how cheap or desperate the store owner tended to be) I was unable to communicate with the man because he didn't speak any English!

Notwithstanding, I was also unable to ask why the other clerks charged me fifty cents all week, under the same set of circumstances.

Imagine that!

In my humble opinion, a person would have to be an idiot to hire an individual who doesn't speak English to man the cash register in a part of the city overrun with tourists!

I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore.

If these losers (in this case a middle-aged Asian man with no arithmetic skills) can't learn English and assimilate into North American Society, I say ship him back to China, Japan, from whence he (and others like him)  came.

God speed!

After all, the man in questions is useless to our community, and just taking up much-needed space.

Amen!



More tricks than treats
@ David's Food store!


No comments:

Post a Comment