.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

San Francisco...art in Union Square today! Hand-picked fruit @ market a great treat...








Out for a morning stroll, I stumbled across an art show in full swing at Union Square.

While the bulk of the creative renderings on stretched canvas tended to focus on familiar local terrain - such as bird's eye views of the quaint cable cars on Nob Hill and breath-taking panoramas of picturesque San Francisco Bay - a few artists had gone their own way.

One painter I struck up a conversation with was exhibiting striking highly-stylized landscapes of quaint Chinese villages for instance.

Another gentleman's canvases of stick figures were quite light and whimsical - well-crafted - too.

Included in the mix, was an eye-catching array of slick black & white photographs, elegant examples of sculpture in-the-round portable enough to tow around, and one-of-a-kind original works of art that may be investment-worthy for the astute collector.

I spied one couple scouring the exhibition for just the right piece for their new digs.

"I'd like to go with natural colors," I overhead the petite art-lover whisper to her mate nearby.

Just betcha, they'll find what they're looking for here.

After a quick gander at the remainder of the paintings, I headed off down the street to an open market off Grant Street in the heart of Chinatown.

Fortunately, the comfortable (out-of-the-way) economical Hotel I am firmly ensconced in, has provided a microwave and mini-fridge.

So, I intend to take a cue from Kirstie Alley (star of "The Big Life") this week, and stock up on delicious nutritious fruits and fresh vegetables - which I can prepare myself - with the ultimate aim of slimming down a pound or two.

The three flights of stairs I have to climb up daily may help!

And, since there is unlimited Wifi access in my Hotel suite, I'll be able to hunker down  - and pen a few posts - as I channel surf and catch up on the scuttlebutt on TMZ, Inside Edition, 360, and so forth and so on.

What a charmed life I lead, eh?


Lively Union Square uplifts spirits!




No comments:

Post a Comment