.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ricky Martin...admits he's gay! Pop Singer says he's a "Fortunate Homosexual Man"...





Frolics on the beach with studly dudes raised suspicions!




After years of skirting around the issue - and in spite of adopting two adorable young children with no visible main squeeze in sight  - sexy Pop Icon Ricky Martin continued to remain mum about his sexual persuasion.

Last week, when I penned a post on the subject of interviews, I noted that years ago Walters put Ricky on the "hot seat" when - at the height of his poplularity in the glare of the spotlight - she pointedly quizzed:

"Ricky, are you gay?"

In my own post, I noted that Ricky's awkward silence - and refusal to cough up an answer - "said it all" - in the eyes of millions of viewers (and die-hard fans) watching on the edge-of-their-seats at home.

Post: 03/26/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/search?q=miley+cyrus+jay+leno

Years ago, when I was working on General Hospital one day as an actor (Ricky had a role on the daily soap for a short stint) I overheard Ricky whispering sweet nothings to a male pal in the green room.

So, I've known that he was a closeted homosexual man for years!

Today, the handsome performer (formerly of Menudo) announced to the world on his official web site - that he is indeed - "gay".

"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Ricky said.

 "I am very blessed to be who I am.".

Ricky said writing his memoir and thinking about his two twin sons led him to go public.

"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment," he wrote.

"These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed," he continued.

"What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution."

Walters fessed up about the "error of her ways" just recently.

"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," she told The Toronto Star.

 "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now, I feel it was an inappropriate question.".

Ricky also alerted followers on "Twitter" about his decision to  officially "come out".

The bombshell tweet was simpled titled: "my life".

In anticipation of the big step forward - to break the ice a tad? - Ricky was inclined to post another tweet a couple of days earlier which should have signaled to many what was on the horizon.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. M.L.K.Jr.," he wrote.

The initials - M.L.K.Jr. - refer to Martin Luther King, Jr.




Ricky a proud pappa!

No comments:

Post a Comment