.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Miley Cyrus...tweet or twit? Gay Marriage quip ends love affair with Twitter...



Some of my best friends are!




Miley Cyrus thought her heart was in the right place when she tweeted her sentiments on the controversial issue of Gay Marriage last year during the Proposition 8 protests.

With lightning speed, the cutesy Pop Icon was inundated with a smattering of nasty hate mail - slamming her for not only supporting "the love that dare not speak its name" (Oscar Wilde) - but for also having the audacity to spout off about Christ, too.

"Jesus loves you And your partner and wants you to know how much he cares! That's like a daddy not loving his lil boy cuz he's gay and that is Wrong and very sad! Like I said everyone deserves to be happy."

Gosh, out of the mouths of Babe, eh?

The reaction from the angry multitudes in twitter-land was swift and severe!

Within seconds, her site was flooded with acid-tongued barbs, which denounced her views.

"That's the reason I deleted my Twitter account because I said on there that I believed in gay marriage because everyone should have the right to love each other, and I got such hate mail about my being a bad person," she confessed in a high-profile interview with Parade magazine recently.

Good on you, Miley!

I whole-heartedly give a thumbs up to her concluding comments, too.

"There has been so much controversy sometimes about what I've said or done because I believe there are no mistakes because God is the only one who can judge us."

Amen!

You go, girl!


It's not easy being Orange!


No comments:

Post a Comment