.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jay Leno Show...Kristen Stewart cough & blogger moi stirring up controversy!





Big-chinned Jay has MoJo back!





Life is uncanny sometimes.

For instance, this evening - after savoring a bit of the night life in Vegas - I strode into my hotel room and flicked on the TV.

As I started to channel surf, I landed on the Jay Leno show, just as he was introducing his first guest Kristen Stewart (Twilight).

Shortly after she alighted in her comfy chair next to he of big chin - and the basic formalities of her intro were were tucked away - Jay made a point of noting that the pretty actress (in a chic black cocktail dress) was a presenter on the Oscars.

"How was that," he asked a little pointedly.

Suddenly, there was a dead silence for a beat as Kristen grappled with the question,

Sensing her loss for words, Jay proceeded to urge here along, by trying to put a few words in her mouth.

"Well, was it okay, or nerve-wracking, or something like that," he queried in so many well-chosen words.

Becausce Taylor Lautner  (co-presenter) exclaimed at a chic Hollywood after-party later that the moment was nerve-wracking, it was apparent to me that Jay had done some research and was orchestratingt an ambush for the sheer delight of it or to generate some controversy.

Gosh, right-off-the-bat, I fathomed where he was going with it.

"Didn't you have a cough, or something?

Kristen, obviously on the spot - and surprised by the line of questioning - struggled with her response.

At this point, the Twilight star noted that during the intro to the Horror genre clips, she got choked up for some inexplicable  reason.

"I coughed to clear my voice. I thought it would be the best way to  clear my throat in front of everyone," she tried to explain.

It was a more polite way to resolve the problem on stage, she added awkwardly.

But, Jay was after more juicy tidbits, because-  rather than drop the issue-  he pursued all the details with a sly grin on his face.

"I suppose that bloggers were right on that, posting about the cough."

Where was the affable host - inclined to play musical time slots now and then - going with this?

Was he leading her on to some logical (tawdry) conclusion?

At first, the poised babe wasn't going to go there.

Instead of piping up "yeah" or  "nay", she was silent for a moment or two (speechless or just taken by surprise?)

For an awkward moment or two, Jay and Kristen sat staring at each other across the desk, eyes locked.

At this juncture, she reluctantly admitted the truth.

"Well, yes."

I laughed out loud!

And, for good reason.

After all, in my report on the Oscars, I personally wrote about the little (cough) upset that unfolded on stage unexpectedly.

Post:  03/08/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/03/oscarshurt-locker-scores-big-amid.html

Kristen proceeded to elaborate on the issue.

People may not havenot  thought so, but I was quite happy to be there, she stressed to Jay.

But, on the other hand, Kristen also admitted it was a bit overwhelming to stroll out in front of millions who were gazing on intently fromthe sidelines around the globe.

To be right there at the "foundation" of an institution "I want to be a part of" - as she put it - was a bit overwhelming.

When Jay and Kristen chatted about the consequence of fame - and the reality of having the media jump on every little misstep like flies on sh** - it dawned on me tonight that the phenomenon also applies to bloggers like me.

For example, on manyan  occasion, I have made an off-handed remark in a post with the express purpose of adding a bit of color  for enterainment's sake.

Without warning - the quip (or observation) - is suddenly a headline in a newspaper the next day - or the topic of discussion on a tabloid gossip show triggering a heated debate.

The glare of the spotlight, I have discovered, is also fixed intently on my own high-profile maneuvers on the Internet.

The whole Kristen incident ends up being downright eerie, in my estimation, when you consider the facts.

One day I mentioned the Kristen incident in a post - then, a few days later - I happen to flip the channel and catch Jay discussing the awkward moment with Kristen on his late-night talk show (out-of-the-blue?)

In the final analysis, it appears that the curious synchronistic events (and the domino effect in the aftermath) were destined to be.

Why?

Ah, that's one of life's mysteries!




Oscar war zone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment