.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Las Vegas...security guards harass & intimidate tourists on Fremont Street & in Walgreens!









Today - I strolled into Walgreens, snatched up a copy of the Los Angeles Times, and sauntered up to the cashier - to pay for the newspaper.

Right off-the-bat, I spied three security guards hovering around the check-out area, but paid them no mind.

Just as I was plunking down the cash on the counter, I caught sight of one guard whispering in the ear of the other, which struck me as suspicious.

For good reason, my antennae went up!

After the clerk - a young African-American male (who knows me on sight by virtue of my frequent shopping sprees at Walgreens) handed me a receipt - I turned to find myself face-to-face with a 300 pound black security guard (a scant inch or two away and invading my personal space) glaring at me (and nearly blocking my path) with a nasty scowl on his face.

Immediately, it dawned on me that it was a scare tactic, and retaliatory in nature.

In the recent past I criticized a posseof  police officers and security guards employed in the desert oasis - so clearly - the officer was trying to intimidate me once he recognized my face from my publicity still on my blog.

What an idiot!

For starters, there were witnesses present, so his misconduct was observed in plain view.

Notwithstanding, Walgreens cameras probably captured his brazen rogue behaviour on video-tape from one of their security devices installed strategically around the Fremont Street outlet.

Did he think he could intimidate me and get away with it?

Well, I am no shrinking violet, fella!

I don't tolerate security guards (or police offers) abusing their power (and violating a citizen's rights in the process) under the color of authority.

I'll haul his fat ass into court just to prove my point, if necessary!

It's also not a good idea to try to silence the press.

Once he learned I was a journalist, he should have backed off for heaven's sake.

I am entitled to free speech under the U.S. Constitution, after all.

Just shows 'ya, the goon has shit for brains, eh?

Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is important to note that I have personally witnessed security guards (and police officers) on Fremont Street harassing other individuals and violating their civil rights pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.

For example, the security detail on Fremont Street often tails unsuspecting tourists (and locals) down the street just because they don't like "the look" of them.

On occasion, I have also spied these losers shaking-down homeless people - because in their mind's eye - the individuals are a blight on the landscape (which gives a bad impression to visitors to the city).

Blame City Hall, not the needy!

As I have noted in the past, most of these so-called security guards on Fremont Street, are flunkies who couldn't pass muster with recruiters at the local police department.

So, they took a post as a security guard (the next best thing).

Unfortunately, a lot of these dim-witted dudes in monkey suits were once bullied as kids -and as a result - suffer serious psychological problems today.

Once they don their uniform - and holster a gun - they are suddenly under the false impression that they have big swinging-dicks between their legs.

Not!

These psychos are ticking time-bombs waiting to explode!

It is no surprise to me, therefore, that several innocent citizens have been "murdered" over the past year in Las Vegas because of trigger-happy security guards and cops who "lose it" while on duty one not-so-fine day.

The number of security guards in the employ of the city - who have been caught in recent days impersonating police officers - is alarming, too.

For good reason, the whole lot of these rogue out-of-control security guards and cops should be fired.

Surely there are suitable intelligent candidates (with a modicum of intelligence and common sense) - ready, able, and willing - to step up to the plate and take a pledge to protect and serve the community-at-large?

News at 11!

http://www.thetattler.biz




No comments:

Post a Comment