.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fame...do you know who that is? Dark glasses, please!




Who is that man?





This past week I was forced to make a difficult decision regarding my shopping habits.

As much as possible, I have always endeavoured to be humble and down-to-earth - and for that reason - have mixed-and-mingled with locals and tourists alike at retail outlets when I shop for my personal needs.

Notwithstanding, I have also found the daily interaction with others is a rewarding creative experience which fuels up the muse.

In a nutshell?

Quite a few of my posts are based on encounters that come my way throughout the course of the day.

Unfortunately, it has become difficult to blend in with the common "Joe" in recent days since I appear to stick out like a sore thumb wherever I go!

For instance, shortly after I queue up at the cash register to pay for my purchases, customers all around me start to whisper.

Gosh, If I hear - "Do you know who that is?" - one more time - I'll scream!

Well, probably not.

Dave Letterman said it best one night on his talk show.

The popular host was out for dinner a short while ago, and for some inexplicable reason, was overlooked by the waiting staff on duty in the trendy restaurant.

After about an hour of waiting patiently with his date (wife?) a staff member waltzed up to the table and proceeded to quiz Mr. Letterman about his order.

"Would you care for some dessert now, Sir?"

"I haven't had my first course, yet," he responded politely (though boiling with rage underneath the surface no doubt).

In spite of the glaring oversight, Mr. Letterman noted to his studio audience, that he was forced to remain silent instead of complaining (for obvious reasons).

"If I said something it would be all over the tabloids."

Uh-huh!

The caption would read something like this:

"Dave Letterman throws hissy-fit in chic New York restaurant."

In my instant case, I have opted to shop elsewhere in out-of-the-way locales, in view of the growing problem.

Just maybe, I'll come up with a good disguise in the near future, though.

Someone famous (I forget who just now) was also bang on when he (or she) once quipped:

"People spend all their lives struggling to become famous. Then, slip on dark glasses when they achieve the goal, to hide who they are!"

Amen!

http://www.thetattler.biz




No comments:

Post a Comment