.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Toshiba...Satellite laptop junk! Best Buy lemon a plague...




Satellite Model L455-S5975
A lemon!




Don't let the sleek high-tech outercase fool 'ya.

Or, be tempted to snap up the conveniently-sized laptop because Best Buy is seemingly selling it at generous bargain-basement prices.

It fact, it may be wise to take a gander of my review of BEST BUY, too.

Post: 12/27/09

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2009/12/best-buydeceptive-business-practises.html


The truth of the matter?

Toshiba's Satellite Model L455-S5975 is a piece of junk!

Uh-huh!

I am one of the hapless consumers who purchased the Toshiba laptop at Best Buy on a Christmas Day sale and I've been regretting the purchase ever since day one.

The cursor zig zags across the screen at whim (a hover adjustment won't correct the snafu), posts vanish into thin air shortly after I hit the publish button (in spite of the fact the data was saved), and odd-ball error warnings confuse the heck out of me.

For instance, after drafting and editing a post to publish to the "Tattler" web site - instead of flashing onto the world wide web post- haste at the flick of my finger - a dialogue box may pop up that is downright perplexing.
"Could not perform function due to conflict of edits"

Huh?

Once a piece is edited, it's edited, isn't it?

How could there be a conflict?

And, on occasion when I publish a post, the caption remains intact but the "body" of the story has gone missing for some inexplicable reason.

At this juncture, I have to scramble to the edit bay to "delete" the skewered post before my readers do in order to save face.

No, those are not always typos (or misspellings) folks!

During some bull sessions when I am half-way through penning a feature, the screen suddenly hazes over, and a dialogue box pops up.

"Windows has stopped working"

At this juncture, I am offered the option of shutting down the program until Windows finds a solution to the problem or continuing.

Either choice will deliver up the same annoying results.

Windows "shuts down" entirely - at which point - I lose all my work (in spite of the fact the material was saved).

Curiously, on other occasions - when I choose the "shut down" option - a dialogue box will immediately pop up on the screen indicating that the page has been restored.

Sometimes, the edit box bay opens up where I left off.

More often than not, though, all the clever turns-of-phrases have disappeared into the ether!

Inputting data is often a frustrating experience as well.

For instance, while I am in the midst of writing a paragraph - every two letters or so - the cursor jumps back of its own accord.

If my eyes are not constantly on the screen paying attention, the paragraphs will end up a lot of gobbly-gook that run together and require a total rewrite.

Then, there is the issue of  WiFi connection.

In the midst of a session online, the computer will suddenly switch to another service in the neighborhood that I do not have access to.

Although Toshiba has installed an option which allows for the user to remain "fixed" on one WiFi service - it simply does not function - when commanded to do so.

The hover feature also appears to have a mind of its own.

On occasion when my fingers glide a hair's breath over the keys - functions start up unexpectedly - causing a big snafu on screen.

Text switches from big to small without warning, requests to close a session register as "unexpected shut-downs" -  later require special action by the user to undo - you name it.

Argh!

Apple, you're lookin' better every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment