.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, July 23, 2010

3 Biggest lies...I won't cum in your mouth! Unemployment checks iffy...







I laughed out loud last night when I was channel-surfing and caught the tail-end a politician's rant on the old boob tube.

And,  I  was inclined to toss an old sneaker at the screen, in a knee-jerk reaction to his parting words to media hounds, chaffing at the bit for a delicious quote.

"The check is in the mail."

Thought I'd bust a gut.

Of course - that tired old excuse (often facilitated to hold off angry debt-collectors and the like) - rarely holds any water.

When I used to work at the movie studios years ago, and a check had gone astray, I'd call  up payroll to track the moolah down.

"Just dropped it in the mail yesterday," the clerk assured me in a strident voice - with a "so there" quality to it.

Sure enough, when I checked the postmark a couple of days later, I managed to establish what a liar she was.

The U.S. Postal stamp established the payroll checkr was slipped into the mail - that afternoon - and not a day earlier as falsely alleged by the employee at 20th Century Fox (West Los Angeles).

On occasion, when I recall the dishonesty at Fox, an old joke is dredged up.

What are the three biggest told lies?

*The check is in the mail
*I promise I won't cum in your mouth
*Black is beautiful

Ba-dump!



No comments:

Post a Comment