.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sarah Palin...shopping scandal! Off with her elephant head...


Last night I was trekking down a side alley heading home just after nightfall when a SUV unexpectedly backed in from the street oblivious to me.

I side-stepped the vehicle just in the nick of time - and waited patiently to one side - for the driver to either continue backing down the lane or surge forward into the street after another automobile passed.

Nada!

The vehicle just sat there - so I was forced to step around it - and venture on to my destination as best I could in spite of the glaring obstacle in my path.

As I maneuvered my way to the front of the vehicle I spied the driver - a woman - applying lipstick in a small pocket-size mirror in the mostly dark interior.

Ah, the female sex. A rare breed, aren't they?

The incident got me to thinking about a screaming headline I caught on the Internet, just before logging off.

Another Palin scandal, of course!

Word leaked out yesterday that the Republicans tossed a staggering $150,000 into a special wardrobe kitty - so that the VP hopeful (and husband Tom and the kiddies) - could wrap their fresh-from-the frozen north bods in designer duds with the specific aim of wowing America with their stately presences.

Golly, am I missing something here?

In defense of the outrageous shopping spree - at the expense of the Republican party - McCain supporter Christy Harbor of Omaha asserted the splurge on high-end fashions was necessary.

"If she had worn crappy clothes, then everyone would have made fun of her."

Gosh, I thought stumping on the campaign trail was about values - not appearances - honey!

Notwithstanding, clothes do not "make" the woman.

Although the Republicans would have you believe they're in touch with the common "Joe", their actions reflect a different reality.

Indeed, the whole vulgar scenario amounts to a slap in the face to most Americans, in view of the financial hardships that have been foisted on them in recent days with the banks and stock markets failing.

It's a sad commentary on the likes of McCain and Palin, too.

What was it that Marie Antoinette cried out just before they cut off her head?

"Let them eat cake."

Yes, history repeats itself.


Vulgar indulgence not in Vogue, Sarah...

No comments:

Post a Comment