.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Raiders..Davis & Kiffin. He said! He said!

Sure Pops, whatever you say...



Well, it had all the appeal of a train wreck.

Smacked of a messy divorce, perhaps?

Funny that.

If two women get into a war of words, it's a cat fight alright!

But, when men start to batten down the hatches, they're just posturing.

Didn't 'ya know that?

Nonetheless, Al Davis cited irreconcilable differences for the split.

Yup, Lane Kiffin got sacked.

And - maybe I was mistaken - but it looked like Davis was out to humiliate the young buck on the heels of the dastardly deed.

"When I gave him the news, he asked if that meant he wasn't going to get paid, and I told him yes."

No alimony, dude!

Something to that effect.



According to Davis, Kiffin was guilty of spreading "propaganda" and telling "lies" around the grid.

In sum, Kiffin's conduct - Davis lamented - was unprofessional and showed disrespect.



At one point in the press conference, the owner of the illustrious Raiders, produced a letter (in support of his claims) that was allegedly hand-delivered to Kiffin and followed up with special delivery by Federal Express.

Davis had his gloves on and was ready to face his opponent in the ring.

But, Kiffin wasn't about to lace up.

In a separate interview, at a different location, the green coach scoffed at the letter.

"Just because he put it out for everyone to see doesn't mean anything."

When pointed questions were asked, though, Kiffin was reticent about fessing up to the facts.

After noting that he intended to take appropriate action elsewhere first before spilling the beans to the media, he was adamant about one thing.

"I felt embarrassed for the guy."

Dude, a little late for reverse psychology.

You're the one outta the job, Kiff!

Obviously, the young stud was dishing Davis, and the word got back.

I hand it to the wrinkly old guy for coming out of his corner all spunk and guts.

Ah, just betcha, the young buck thought he could outwit the old codger.

That's what my instinct tells me, anyway.

Kiffin says he wasn't trying to get fired - if not - he's not very big in the smarts department, is he?

Years ago, when I was a naive young man, I started to argue with my boss one day.

In about two seconds flat - I was jolted into reality - when my superior interrupted my rant to enlighten me a tad.

"I'm your boss."

If you can't figure that one out, you're dead on the playing field.

Looks like that's what happened to Kiff!

No comments:

Post a Comment