.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

West Hollywood...African-American Postal Clerk's dumb quote of the day!

Anti-American protest in Iraq


As I plucked up my stamps at the post office on San Vicente in the heart of WeHo, I made an off-handed remark to the Afro-American clerk that I am Canadian.

I noted it was a plus - because in the eyes of most Nations - Canucks are considered pretty neutral in the scheme of things.

"They generally don't have to worry about being held hostage, or kidnapped, like Americans do," I said off-the-cuff.

She stood back and glared at me.

"You think Americans get held hostage or kidnapped?"

Whoa nellie.!

What rock has she been snoozing under?

I diplomatically pointed out that due to the situation in Iraq and Iran - and elsewhere in the Middle East - there was some animosity towards Americans. After all, many view the presence of troops in Iraq, as an Imperialist occupation.

My jaw literally dropped when she hit me with this zinger.

"What? They love Americans in Iraq," she insisted with the utmost sincerity.

Oh boy!

I wished her a nice day as I turned on my heel and dashed out the door.

Then, the doddering old fool dozed back to sleep at the counter.

Some folks don't have a clue.

Or is it just denial?

Einstein said it best:

"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe."

http://www.julianayrs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment