.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dream Smile...great dental work!


Anyone following my blog probably recalls that a few weeks ago one of my "crowns" popped out of my mouth - at which point - I suffered through an ongoing series of dramas (which were quite unnerving) until the dentist could craft a spanking new one to install in its place.

Needless to say, chewing was difficult up front!

And - to my great embarrassment - the temporary cap often slipped out when least expected.

For example, I was chatting up one of the actors after the opening night performance of Chekhov's "Three Sisters" Sunday evening, when the feisty little devil came unstuck.

As my hand shot out to catch the wayward tooth before it shot into the great beyond, I lost my balance, and ended up spilling my champagne.

Eyebrows were raised until I explained my little dilemma - and ultimately - assured the other guests that I was not two sheets to the wind!

Like top model - Lauren Hutton - I was born with a space between my two front teeth.

For most of my teen years, I wasn't bothered by the less-than-perfect front row of teeth.

However, when I ventured into modelling and acting, that darn gap made me feel so self-conscious in front of the camera, that I enlisted the aid of a dentist to correct the glaring irregularity in my smile.

That was twenty years ago, and the crowns have pretty much held up, 'til recently.

Initially, I worried that the new dentist here on the West Coast would either screw up when it came to lining up the tooth with the older crowns, or mess up when it came to matching the color of the porcelain tooth so that it would blend in with the others.

Well, all my fears were unfounded.

Dream Smile crafted the tooth to perfection and I can break into a wide smile again.

Vanity be thy name, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment