.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Chalk Repertory Theatre uses strong-arm tactics & harassment to force press to use publicity materials & coerce good reviews!


When "All About Eve" first flickered up on the big screen decades ago, the back-stabbing high-stakes world of show business - and the theatre, in particular - became known to stage buffs near and far as a treacherous haven for bruised egos, badly-behaving Divas, and unscrupulous gold-digging glory hogs grasping for the brass ring in Hollywood.

Well, they surely lurk in the shadows at the Chalk Repertory Theatre company in my experience, at-the-ready to bite the hand that feeds 'em, and try their hand at playing Brutus!

Oh, what a classless troupe of nasty bast**ds!

For example, a few weeks ago I penned a couple of upbeat posts for the Hollywood Forever Cemetery to promote theatrical events at the staid Hollywood memorial park.

Shortly thereafter, one of the managers in charge of the resting place for a handful of Hollywood notables - Tyrone Power and Rudolph Valentino, for instance - zipped off a press release to notify me that a space renovated on the grounds - the Masonic Lodge - was going to house a new troupe to be henceforth known as the Chalk Repertory Theatre Company.

I was invited to attend a launch party where the "founding mothers" proceeded to gleefully toast guests and announce their first production of the season.

The staging of 3 Sisters by Anton Chekhov was going to be a unique theatrical experience, they promised!

Since I am always interested in promoting local Theatre Groups, Movie Houses down-on-their-luck, and other community-related events that warrant good press, I penned a beautiful post to help their project along and bring it to the attention of my readers.

When I attended the premiere, however, I was disappointed.

In fact, the production was so amateurish, that I was inclined to be kind and forgo on writing a review.

Then, something odd occurred.

Out-of-the-blue, a woman by the name of Elizabeth Liang contacted me by e-mail, made some wild allegations, and then proceeded to demand that I make edits to my promo post (which I found not only inappropriate, but unethical, and downright annoying).

In response, I politely informed the hair-brained twit, that I was not in the habit of handing the reins of editorial control over to any third party and rejected her menacing overtures.

At this point, the woman went off-the-handle and made a series of threats, so I blocked all future incoming e-mail communications.

In retrospect it appears that she was in "league" with the Chalk Repertory Theatre troupe who were not happy with the promo post because I did not facilitate the use of publicity materials provided by their PR person.

Tough ti**y.

Once it was evident that I would not budge, Ms. Liang and actors at the Chalk Rep troupe hatched up a twisted plot to undermine the blog post, force their will - and ultimately - try to damage my name and reputation with third parties.

On the premise that I was utilizing materials I was not entitled to for 3 Sisters, Liang and her red-neck ruffians, contacted Wordpress and made a number of false and misleading statements to turn the blog spot against me.

Unfortunately, the gentleman they contacted (Mark, who preferred not to provide a last name) didn't have much of an IQ and was unfamiliar with State & Federal Laws pertaining to the matters at issue.

Subsequently, he lamely jumped into the fray without checking the facts and proceeded to Violate my Rights and engage in wrongful illegal conduct, all to my damage.

In response, I zipped off an e-mail citing applicable laws (and arguments in support), and chastised him for engaging in such reprehensible irresponsible conduct that was in Violation of my rights.

At this juncture, "Mark" made some bald-faced claims - which sounded preposterous to me - and actually tried to throw the blame on an agency he claimed was basically above-the-law that he was bound to legally kow-tow to.

Needless to say, he whined in his e-mail that unless he took action he'd have to face liability.

Ha!

Within twenty-four hours, by virtue of his own conflicting statements and actions - and bolstered by incriminating evidence that was piling up the minute in my corner - I managed to establish that the silly moron misrepresented the facts and engaged in deceitful and dishonest conduct - and a nasty cover-up - to avoid blame for his wrongful illegal conduct at Wordpress.

I also pointed out for the record, that if what he said were true, I would have to take appropriate legal action to correct the obvious wrong.

After all, if something is broke - an intelligent individual doesn't ignore the problem - they try to fix it.

Of course, shrinking violets like Mark - without any ba**s to speak of - would prefer to just wimp out!

Notwithstanding the aforementioned, it was also obvious to me when the WordPress employee failed to provide vital information I requested that I was legally entitled to, that he was handing me a heapload of bullsh**.

Also, Mark openly and actively engaged in an ongoing conspiracy when he contacted the troupe at Chalk Repertory Theatre behind my back, and thereafter, secretly proceeded to do their bidding.

Once I put two and two together - and came up with skulduggery - I sent an e mail to Ms. Liang and advised her in no uncertain terms that if she continued to slander, libel, or defame me, I would sue for damages.

I also enlightened her to another serious reality.

Her conduct over the stretch of a few days amounted to threats and harassment; in view of this, I vowed to Ms. Liang that if she did not cease and desist, I would file a criminal complaint against her with Law Enforcement.

Then, something curious happened.

I began to receive a series of annoying anonymous e-mails as unknown individuals engaged in rapid-fire attempts to publish posts on my blog site in support of Liang and the theatre company.

From the nature of the content, it was obvious to any fool, who put the scurrilous individuals up to their outrageous disturbing conduct.

But, one message was the tip off.

In that communication, I was informed (again by an anonymous coward) that as long as there were good reviews of the production, no one would mind my use of the material originally objected to.

A-ha!

They were trying to coerce me into penning a glowing review!

I expect the evidence in my possession (saved for future reference) is sufficient to bring a criminal action against the parties on charges of coercion, implied threats, and attempted extortion.

After all, I do not respond well to threats, harassment, and intimidation tactics.

Needless to say, in view of the circumstances, I penned a review.

I don't expect it was the one Chalk Repertory Theatre was pining for, though!

Obviously, when you consider a comment an anonymous scoundrel tried to publish the afternoon the stinko run-down of their production was posted on my blog.

"You're a meanie," they lamented.

Ah, the Chalk Rep Theatre troupe and Ms. Liang don't know the half of it.
They fu**ed with the wrong person!

In view of what transpired over the past few days with demented Chalk Rep Theatre actors - and the diabolical Ms. Liang - I am inclined to refer to the production with a title that is more apropros under the circumstances.

3 C**ts, for instance.

To paraphrase a line from the musical Chicago:

"They had it coming."

http://www.julianayrs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment