.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mother...memories indelibly edged in my mind!




Occasionally, I flash back to my childhood.

One memory of my Mother - though tucked away in the dusty recesses of my mind - remains the Saintliest!

I recall her lovingly washing my wee body in a basin of sudsy lukewarm water as I splashed about and squealed in delight.

In another precious moment, she cradled me in her arms as she sang a popular tune of the day.



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please, don't take my sunshine away

The other nite, dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please, don't take my sunshine away


To this day, I imagine, she was not only singing out those heartfelt thoughts to me, but also to my dear father, Victor, who had just passed away.

J.M. Barrie once said:

"God gave us memories that we might have roses in December."



No comments:

Post a Comment