.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Homeland Security...U.S. Immigration & Naturalization. I fought Uncle Sam & won! Nasty nightmare ends...

Department of Injustice is more like it!



Readers of my daily blog may recall that a few months ago, I posted a blistering expose on Homeland Security & U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service.

In that compelling report, I noted that the INS lost Immigrant paperwork, and stalled and delayed the approval process for thousands of immigrants seeking legal status in the U.S.

Thereafter, when complaints were filed with Government Officials - the staff at local offices and at headquarters in Washington (D.C.) not only engaged in cover-ups - but retaliated against the complainants by denying their petitions waiting for a proper legal review.

Post: 06/12/08

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2008/06/immigrationpending-lawsuits-for.html

I expect that many Americans thought the allegations were wild, fabricated, or at least sensationalized a tad.

On the contrary, I was one of the "victims", so I knew from whence I spoke.

True, I cleverly penned the post without divulging my own personal struggles with the all-powerful Government Agencies involved.

I did so in a clandestine effort to avoid further recrimination (or deportation) from the INS and Homeland Security 'til a thorough investigation by the authorities could pave the way to Justice.

For me, it was a four-year nightmare!

During that time frame, I battled local officials who "lost" my paperwork in the Los Angeles Regional office and suffered through extreme hardships as I vowed to right the wrongs emanating from the main processing center back east where a nasty piece of work (Head of the Department) denied my petition when he learned that I filed a complaint with the Director of the INS in Washington, D.C.

But, the stressful battle did not end there.

When Michael Chertoff failed to take action, or even give me the courtesy of a reply, eventually the whole enchilada ended up in President Bush's lap in the Oval Office.

Indeed!

At this juncture, upper-level INS Officials, and corrupt cronies of the Secretary of Homeland Security - Michael Chertoff - buttoned down the hatches and the cover-ups surged forward.

Oh, and there was one tussle with ICE, in which I was bodily injured by two strapping officers, and required emergency hospitalization.

After that, I essentially ended up in a no-man's land, in static limbo at the INS Benefits Center, for a couple of years.

Then, there was a curious turn-of-events this week.

When I innocently cruised over to pick up my mail, I spied an envelope from the INS in my box.

Eureka!

The notice was issued to inform me that my petition for a renewal of my legal status in the United States was approved!

Today, a second envelope arrived from the heartland, with my spanking new Alien Registration card snugly inside.

"Welcome to the United States," a glossy pamphlet screamed out as it fell on the counter in front of me.

The four-year ordeal was over!

And now, I intend to tell the shocking tale in the next day or two in a post I'll publish at this blog site.

I trust that when I do, the disturbing conduct of INS Staff and the deceitful illegal machinations of their superiors at Homeland Security and in the White House - George W. Bush, too - will result in a cry for reform.

And, that the revelations, will ultimately hasten along justice for all other immigrants currently suffering through the abyss that is the INS, which I have just been rescued from.

Come back, and read all about it, eh?


Would you trust this man?


No comments:

Post a Comment