.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

West Hollywood Pavillions...finally gets message! Hires white male security guard...sigh!





After the fiasco with the Popcorn Mafia at the New Beverly Cinema last night, I zipped over to Pavillions to snatch up a snack just shy of the witching hour.

As I strolled through the front doors, I pinched myself.

Was I dreaming?

Right off-the-bat (in plain view) I caught sight of newly-installed security guard.

And, guess what?

He was tall, white, and standing at his post in a respectful dignified manner!

At long last, Pavillions woke up, and smelled the coffee.

In recent weeks, shortly after a long drawn-out renovation, Pavillions threw its doors open wide once again.

But, the celebratory mood subsided - and turned to anger - when long-time Caucasian residents continued to encounter rude imposing African-American security guards on duty daily who harassed them when they shopped.

To many, it was obvious, that the posse of gruff uniformed employees were racist.

Although many complaints were uttered up - and I penned a couple of posts on the controversial issue - Pavillions proceeded to cast a blind eye to the ongoing problem.

In view of what has finally unfolded before my very eyes, it appears that Pavillions has finally fathomed the intriguing (complex) social strata that is at the heartbeat of West Hollywood.

Now that I have published this post, I expect all the girls (and local females, too) will be darting in to Pavillions to get a gander at the tall handsome security guard, who fits into the terrain comfortably.

Sorry, folks, I saw him first!




http://www.thetattler.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment