.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Teen Suicide...and Bullying! Media coverage commendable!



Pierre Trudeau holds court with John & Yoko!

 






This past week a National uproar erupted over the tragic death of a distraught teen who committed suicide after being exposed on the Internet by a fellow student’s intrusive illegal conduct.

Personally, I found the public outcry both heart-warming and commendable.

For the first time in recent years, concerned citizens rallied to the fore - and in this instant case - managed to strike a chord around the Nation.

Of course, I am reminded of a comment our own Canadian Prime Minister uttered up a few decades ago, when homosexuality became legal between consenting adults.

“The Government has no place in the bedrooms of its citizens.”

When I was first coming to grips with my own sexuality, I was fortunate to have been born under a set of circumstances that deterred hateful conduct, in respect to individual preference.
In my grade school years, I was a popular good-looking kid, who made friends easily.

If any of the fellow students thought I was “different”, it didn’t appear to matter in the overall scheme of things.

Later, in my teens, the whole sexual revolution of the sixties was underway and impacting society - so, once again - I was spared discrimination when I settled into a bohemian lifestyle (which was the norm in Canada for artists and poets) and explored my sexuality  in intimate relationships alongside thousands of other confused (horny) teens during that tumultuous era.

Today, after residing in California for thirty-years or so, it still continues to boggle my mind when I encounter hatred toward gays in an otherwise sophisticated civilized society.

Fortunately - for those unable to fend for themselves - there are posses of ball** activists populating the terrain - ready, able, and willing - to try to transform the climate of hate that currently exists around the country into one of mutual respect, tolerance, and acceptance.




Free Love & Hippie Generation
(make love! not war!)




No comments:

Post a Comment