.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mayor Gavin Newsom...pops into Starbucks! Nearly runs me over!


 


Mayor has roving eye!




This morning I almost ran smack dab into Mayor Newsom on my way to Safeway to shop.

Actually, his handlers nearly ran into me, literally.

As I crossed the pavement to the entrance of the grocery, a SUV cruised up - made a turn a few inches across my path - and pulled to an abrupt halt.

The door swung open - at which point - I caught sight of Mayor Newsom as he gingerly stepped outside of the vehicle with his nose in a raft of paperwork.

Burning the midnight oil, Gavin?

I give him Kudos for popping into the cafe to snap up his own morning cup of Java.

Or, was he intending to glad-hand potential voters along the way?

I suppose I should have lingered about  to determine what kind of caffeine beverage kick starts his Honor at the crack of dawn.

Actually, it was about 8:40 a.m., so he must be a late riser!

I slurped down my first cup of coffee at 6 a.m., after all.

The political candidate's casual attire - dress slacks and plain white shirt (sans jacket) - tipped me off about one thing.

The Mayor with the roving eye stays fit and trim.

Uh--Huh!

Gotta look - suave, sophisticated, and healthy - for those cameras capturing the candidate's every move  around the city, eh?

News at 11!

http://www.thetattler.biz





No comments:

Post a Comment