.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Salvation Army...feeding needy in streets of San Francisco! Worthy charity!












In a News report tail-end of last week, analysts at charitable organizations whined that donations were down in the public sector, with at least one notable exception.

Salvation Army still manages to rustle up millions on behalf of their kettle in the streets "campaign" each holiday season.

The heart-warming concept charms - after all - the touching images are so  "Miracle on 34th Street" and Macy's parade.


Tradition!

One night last week  - I was a little weary around the edges after running myself ragged all day -  when I ran smack dab into a stranger approaching passers-by out-of-the-blue on the dark dank streets.

“Care for something to eat from the Salvation army,“ he barked out sharply, as he thrust two cellophane-wrapped sandwiches in my direction.

Not wishing to chow down on a nourishing lifeline - intended for a needy homeless person - I was inclined to graciously pass.

Even still, the impromptu encounter managed to “feed my head” (as Grace Slick of the Jefferson Starship might succinctly put it) on an evening when I was lost in my own selfish thoughts.

It was heartening to discover first-hand  that charitable organizations such as the Salvation Army are still actively involved in the community and providing a meal (along with a smidgen of hope) to the down-and-out in these troubling economic times.

For this reason, I urge readers to consider writing a check to the “army” of well-meaning do-gooders, since the much-needed funds will surely be well spent.

http://www.thetattler.biz






Yes, there is a Santa Clause


No comments:

Post a Comment