.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Starbucks...drops "tall" java from menu! Muzak's gotta go, too!




Starbucks insists that they dropped the "tall" size from their drive-thru menu because there was too much clutter.

In their heads, perhaps!

Frankly, my dears, it's all a gimmick to rustle up sales, if 'ya ask me!

The 16 oz Grande &  20 oz Venti are still in plain view.

Maybe the folks at headquarters in Seattle just figure that motorists need to slurp down larger quantities of java to get through the din of traffic each day?

Personally, I only order "tall", because being wired is not my cup of tea.

In fact, I usually order up a misto - with extra foam (I like moustaches that taste good, after all) - to soften the caffeinee blow a smidgen.

But, when you get right down to it, "tall" is actually "small" when you stand in next to the other two big sellers.

Or, so I thought, until today.

Did you know that Starbucks actually sells an 8 oz. cup of brew?

I wonder what they call it.

Mini-java, anyone?

Must be a state secret, or something, 'cause I don't believe I've ever caught hide-nor-tail of it 'til it got a splashy mention in the newspaper at the crack of dawn.

Ah, and that's the crux of it, really.

Publicity!

Starbucks is really crafty when it comes to revving up interest in product and sales.

Just pull a switcheroo to dredge up talk at the water cooler, now and then, eh?

On the heels of the java-talk, the leading coffee King also announced an expansion of at least 250 outlets.

Obviously, at Starbucks, the almighty bean is still King.

Now, if they would only tinker with that wimpy musak that filters through as background "noise" ad nauseam.

Is that some kind-of-wail of the Pacific Northwest kind?




No comments:

Post a Comment