.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flu shot...packs a whallop! Protection against Swine Flu & influenza!




For a moment ot two, I thought I was suffering from an allergic reaction to this year's flu shot, a few hours after the mysterious protective vacinne swept through my body.

Overnight, I began to experience discomfort in the vicinity of the needle injection - for instance - which continued far into the next morning.

At one point, I found myself suffering severe pain in the upper arm - in spite of the fact the Nurse promised - it would amount to a mere prick in the outer skin.

The rest of the day my arm was sore, makng it difficult to maneuver without discomfor, during the course of my tourist adventures here-and-there 'round town.

That evening - in my Hotel room (after I rolled up my sleeve to get a close-up gander at the injection site) - it  didn't escape my attention that part of the  limb was swollen and hard and sore to the touch.

Then, when I awoke the next morning, the pain was gone!

Officials have attempted to avoid long lines for the Swine Flu vaccines this year - which frustrated the screaming multitudes last fall - by being prepared for the rush this fall.

A record flu shot supply is on local shelves right now and ready for the teaming masses.

In fact, drugstores are offering up flu shots in their back-to-school sales gimmicks.

The vaccine includes an all-in-one shot that protects against the Swine Flu and two other kinds of Influenza expected to be prevalent in the fall of 2010 and winter of 2011.

A yearly flu vaccine is recommended for everyone except babies (six months or younger).

Although not exactly painless - such as the case with moi - the protection is a good idea at a time when viral outbreaks - of a myriad of nasty varieties - are plaguing the Nation.





Not always a painless prick!

No comments:

Post a Comment