.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

San Francisco...TraveLodge OK digs at affordable price! Tourist attractions nearby...




On various treks back and forth from San Francisco to LA LA LAND, I have often passed the TraveLodge  at 1707 Market Street without giving the outlet for the established chain much thought - when it came to lodging - that is.

Recently, due to a set of unusual circumstances, I ended up booked into the motel for a night.

When I arrived at the check-in desk, I was surprised at the size of the building - which, for the most part - is largely out-of-sight from Market since the Motel kind of wraps around to front on a side street.

Right off the bat, the Hotel manager put me at ease with his no-nnonsense welcoming attitude.

“Would you like a suite on the top floor where it’s quiet,” he generously offered.

“Sure, why not,” I responded in the affirmative.

For the first time ever to San Francisco, Hotel management actually provided a heat lamp in the room.

Since the nights have been frosty in recent weeks, the nifty appliance came in handy, though it looked for all-the-world like some contraption out of a 1950’s sci-fi flick designed to x-ray my brain waves or some such thing.

The free Internet service was fully appreciated that night, as I dove in and put a post to bed, checked my e-mail, and-so-forth and-so-on.

Unfortunately, the shower head was broken, so I was forced to have a luxurious soapy bath before tucking in for the night.

Long hot showers are one of the pleasures in life I don't deny myself!

The steam is great for the skin, by the way.

The Motel is just around the corner from a handful of tourist attractions - the Opera House, the San Francisco Symphony, the Asian Art Museum - all popular mainstays on a visitor's itinerary when they cruise into town for a day or two.

A big plus was the continental style breakfast - gratis - which consisted of cold cereal, fresh fruit, toast, muffins, orange juice, tea, coffee, and what-have-you (as the Dude would say).

When I checked out, I was a happy camper.

They didn't fleece my wallet, after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment