.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Facebook...Mark Zuckerberg & Social Network crosses privacy line! Again!



After catching a preview of the upcoming feature film "The Social Network" - which is the tawdry tale about the unscrupulous young entrepreneur who allegedly stole the idea for "Facebook" from his best friend in College - I've been pretty much decided that the folks were run the social hub are true scumbags.

For starters, the brass at the company - which is finally earning a profit hand-over-fist after many lean years (despite the networking giant's popularity) - don't give a damn about a member's right to privacy.

Indeed, in recent years, Facebook appears tobe the only company on the Internet facing widespread criticism on the issue.

Is the owner of Facebook (Mark Zuckerberg) really that clueless?

Or, does he just feign ignorance, in a deceitful effort to push the privacy limits?

What is obvious to most in respect to individual rights, fails to utter up a blip on the radar at Facebook headquarters.

In spite of continued protests - and bad press - Zuckerberg continues to slap  members in the face.

Recently, I have been hot under-the-collar over so-called security measures they implemented to ensure that individuals who check in from Wi-Fi hot spots around the Nation when they are on vacation or a business trip out-of-town - are "who" they allege they are with a right to access their account.

For instance, I encountered a lot of hooey when I attempted to log on from a cafe in San Francisco, in spite of the fact I inputted my correct ID and password.

Once the data was  keyed in, an unexpected pop-up dialogue informed me that since I was checking in from a location which was not my normal log-in site, they required that I identify "friends" circled in photographs "lifted" from my Facebook page.

As I noted in my previous post, Facebook proceeded to select images of "friends" of "friends" who I was not familiar with by "sight".

How was I expected to name a total stranger I never met before?

Needless to say, they were obviously embarrassed by the goof  - because they proceeded to not only ignore my e-mail communications - but the post as well.

Post: 08/18/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/08/facebookstupid-security-measures.html

However, at this juncture, the fishing expedition shifted into a more sinister mode.

When I attempted to log in today, for instance, Facebook offered up two options to verify my identity.

I could continue the process of photo identification (a waste of  valuable time) or input a code they would provide by e-mail or telephone call.

Say what?

Since I did not provide Facebook with any current land-line telephone number, my antennae suddenly went up.

Did the staff think that I wanted to be bothered on my personal phone line with such nonsense?

Needless to say, their latest attempt to intrude - and secure confidential contact information by deceitful surreptitious means - is highly suspect.

Why didn't they try to reach me by normal means - by e-mail communication - for instance?

It's never failed before!

Clearly, this was a diabolical ploy to obtain my private telephone number, so they could turn around and pass it out to - pushy advertisers, snake-oil salesmen, singles club floggers  - you name it.

Does Facebook honestly think that I have nothing better to do than answer telephone calls from  slimy bozos like that throughout the day and long into the night after the dishes from the supper hour have been stowed away?

Go fly a kite, Zucker!




a**hole!


No comments:

Post a Comment