.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Josh Groban...knee-jerk reactions from fans. Mentally unbalanced, few!

Groban fans need to awaken from deep stupor...


Just before Christmas last year - as fans were savoring the strains of Josh Groban's Holiday Season album (which pushed the CD to No. 1 on the charts) - the young vocalist whined in a Los Angeles Times interview that he was basically fed up with warbling carols and wanted to move on.

In a response post, I noted that Mr. Groban appeared to be a bit ungrateful - and, that in essence - he was throwing a damper on holiday spirits because he lacked the ability (or maturity) to follow through.

Of course - this caused a knee-jerk reactions from fans - who criticized me for tearing down their musical God.

Since the opinions of fools means nothing to me, I ignored their angst and moved on.

This past weekend - the Los Angeles times singled out Mr. Groban as being "overrated" - on the heels of a performance on the 60th Annual Emmy Awards show which the Times' writers labelled a bit "cheesy".

In response, I penned a post noting - that while Mr. Groban's voice tended to fall upon the "ears" blissfully at times - he sounded too "trained".

I proceeded to point out that if he sang from the heart, his vocalizing might improve.

Currently, he sings from the "head" - from a structured musical foundation - which limits his appeal.

Hence, the criticisms from various quarters in recent days.

No, I'm not the only one to find fault with Groban.

Shortly after I posted those comments yesterday afternoon, there was a big flurry of activity on the Internet!

Yes, Groban fans were in attack mode now.

I laughed!

I am a big fan of this director or that actor - but when other enthusiasts in those areas of interest in the arts disagree with me - I don't get all bent out of shape.

Different strokes for different folks, man!

Notwithstanding the obvious - it appears that a handful of Groban fans - are a little emotionally out-of-whack.

Their wild erratic responses indicate to me - anyway - that they lack the ability (and intelligence) to put forth any reasonable argument to back up any grounds for their nonsensical angry tirades.

Go figure.

Music tends to inspire the emotions.

In the case of Groban fans, they've gone looney tunes.

Grow up!

I don't know how to "wing it"...

No comments:

Post a Comment