.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gelsons...cat food cheaper than CVS. Meow!



Mayfair Market used to be situated where Gelsons is now.

When I was ensconced in my cozy little apartment on Flores years ago, the corner market was just a hop-and-a-skip away, so I tended to shop there.

The staff were pleasant, the products were reasonably priced, and other shops were in walking distance if there was a need to pick up specialty items.

One of the perks included the occasional glimpse of singer Johnny Mathis or Streisand's son - Jason - squeezing fruit and vegetables in the produce department.

But, I moved, and started to shop at Pavilions.

Now that the Von's grocery is under construction, and temporarily shut-down, I have been forced to seek shopping-cart adventures elsewhere.

Last week, when I succumbed to a stray's whines, I was forced to dash into Gelsons for a can of cat food.

Not being a pet owner in a couple of years, I wasn't able to gauge the prices.



Nonetheless, they appeared to be within a reasonable range, so I plucked up a bit of the well-packaged attractive-looking stuff.



Shortly after "Gonzo" (a black two-year old with skit-zoid tendencies) gobbled down the last of it - I happened to be in the neighborhood of CVS - so I lurched in there on a gamble.

Surely, with their rock-bottom prices on Gatorade and Vitamin water, cat food would be inclined to hit the lower register, too.

Wrong!


On average, every pet food product on their well-stocked shelves, was about twenty-to-thirty cents more expensive than Gelsons.

'Ya got it.

I'm a regular at Gelsons, now.

Cruising ain't so bad, either!

Say, is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment