.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Josh Groban...fan club accused of hanky-panky. Housewifes' panties wet for crooner, say some!

Housewives want a piece of him...


Over the past couple of days, I ventured into the kookie world of Josh Groban fans, after I penned a post a handful of his adoring followers took exception to.

The snippet on the popular songbird was written in response to a swipe that a local Los Angeles Times journalist took at Groban in the "overrated" section of the weekend paper.


While I wouldn't label Groban's performance on the Emmy Awards "cheesy" - per se (as the writer was inclined to characterize it) - I felt the occcasion an appropriate one to note for the record that I found the singer's voice too "trained" (and hence) somewhat limited in appeal.


When I hit the publish button - I half-expected an angry piece of hate mail or two to fly my way - (I'm a big bruiser and I wasn't born yesterday 'ya know?) but I wasn't prepared for the can of worms about to be unleashed.

Juvenile, or what?

Within minutes, fans were posting comments based on the wildest assumptions.



For instance, one dude lamented that I knew nothing about Groban.

On the contrary, I've watched his career evolve since day one.



In fact - I was sitting ringside on the auspicious occasion when Josh first trotted nervously out under the big top - clinging to a superstar's apron strings.

Sure looked like a Mamma's boy, to me!

And, how could I ever have missed his father's glowing tributes on Oprah?

"One day, he'll just be known as the saviour - um - Josh."

Once his musical odyssey was launched - the crooner with the snoz and the fay way - proceeded to tackle all the old standards in a bold-faced effort to wow the crowds.

Safe bet, to be sure.

Why take risks?

Mediocrity is the opiate of the masses, after all.

Since I am a reviewer, I was inclined to mention in the post that Josh has a distinctive timber to his voice (which greatly appeals) and a richness to his notes (that tend to rev up romantic notions).

But, in the final analysis, I noted his voice was "too trained".

To some, it grates on the nerves.

Another fan argued that I didn't know what I was talking about in respect to the sound (no pun intended) argument I put forth.

On the contrary, I studied music.

Also, I was born into a family of musicians. My father, for instance, was a violinist. And, my Aunt was also a well-known Opera singer in her day (who also taught piano).

Notwithstanding, I am also a singer!

Not only am I a better vocalist than Josh - but my voice is more distinctive - too.

At this juncture, things got a little nasty.

Granted there were a few sane comments from "grobanites" - siding with me in many respects - which were duly published, of course.

Flattery will get you everywhere at my blog, after all!
.
In fact, I may have struck up a new friendship or two with a handful of disgruntled "grobanites".

But, we'll probably follow an old credo.

We won't discuss religion, or art, or politics - or Josh Groban!

One fan noted that if I was looking to "start something" I managed to do it.

"There are a whole bunch of nurturing hens around Josh," she warned me.

Gee, I was led to believe through the gossip mill, it was a gaggle of Queens!

My new poison pen pal proceeded to quip - that an allegation I made about Josh being a "whiner" - was real "low".

Oh, yeah?

Saying someone is a whiner is low?

Dear, you don't know the meaning of "low".

But, I'll hand it to you on a silver platter, if you please!

In closing, the wacky fan proceeded to make a veiled threat.

I'd better watch my back, apparently!

Well, I don't respond well to threats and intimidation tactics.

I won't be silenced by a brood of broad hens with a flair for the dramatic, either!

As I started to wrap up for the day, surprise comments arrived at the blog site, like manna from Heaven!


Ah, disgruntled "Grobies" were ready to spill the beans.

Here's what they raged:


September 30 2008 GoodByeGrobies

"You can pay to be his friend at the Friends of Josh Groban fan site then try being a newbie with a difference of opinion and the old-timers will rip you to pieces. It’s like being a dog ran off with it’s tail between it’s legs. They don’t take kindly to newbies. Don’t mess with the Grobanites…….I don’t anymore. I learned my lesson. I let my membership run out and will not renew. Josh will probably loose a lot of members this way."

At this point, the floodgates started to open.

"Journey" was quick on the uptake and ready to play Brutus.

September 30 2008 Journey

"Although I enjoy Josh’s voice immensely, I also realize he has a slightly goofy side to him. Yes, he was classically trained and I think if he had his own way he’d attempt more rock music, but his voice just isn’t that type of voice.

If you want to visit some off the wall fans, be a guest at the Josh Groban Corner Pub …. the woman who runs it, is as looney as they come in my opinion when it comes to Josh.

If she feels you have disrespected him, you will be on her sh*t list forever. If she ever read this blog, it will find a way to being a thread on her forum and you will be ripped to pieces."

But, here is my precious fave.

September 30 2008 MonkeyCat

You’re right on in your analysis of Groban’s fans. They are mostly middle-aged, bored, fat-ass housewives with nothing better to do than get their panties wet over a 27 y/o boy.

There’s even a cyber-fan “war” taking place with the aforementioned groupies ganging up on another fan who dares to be different. And Groban encourages it."

As Al Pacino would say, Who-ah!

I find it ironic that the Diva has this Nazi following.

Isn't Josh a nice little Jewish Boy, after all?

Well, to find out, I googled - um - did a search on him.

Boy, God must be smiling on me today.

I stumbled across this precious dialogue at the Yahoo Answers site.

Is Josh Groban Jewish?

Ignore the fact that he sings about Jesus and stuff. Neil Diamond has an entire Christmas album and he's Jewish. I'm talking plain facts here.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker


he totally looks jewish.
(2 years ago)

Asker's Rating: Asker's Comment

yeah, he looks jewish but i was hoping for facts. thanks everyone! :) i totally hope he's not !
(2 years ago)

sungirli

no, he's gay.
(2 years ago)

onlyhuma

GAY AND JEWISH
(2 years ago)

LizzieBe

Uh.... I dont think he's GAY... but he could be jewish... who really cares anyway?
(2 years ago)

Certainly not the hens with the wet panties, I gather!

No comments:

Post a Comment