.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sundance Film Festival...Howl screens in San Francisco! January 28th...



James Franco portrays Ginsberg in HOWL!




This year, San Francisco will participate in a newly-introduced facet of the Sundance Film Festival, to celebrate Independent filmmakers.

On January 28th, the film HOWL (starring James Franco) will screen at the Sundance Kabuki.

Over the past two years, festival organizers in Park City (Utah) have been forced to face the bitter reality that their fest is not as popular or relevant as it once was on the circuit.

I expect this twist is a last-ditch effort to bolster its image under the guise of reaching out.

For me, the announcement was somewhat synchronistic in nature.

Last year when I was in town (I've vactioned in the Bay area over the years since 1972) I attended a remarkable stage performance of HOWL which was produced locally and garnered a lot of critical acclaim.

And, at the Jack Kerouac museum in North Beach, I met a handful of Allen Ginsberg's friends - which prompted me to research and pen a post on HOWL, Ginsberg, and a gang of renowned writers - who used to hang out in North Beach during the "Beat" era.

Post: 02/13/08

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2008/02/howlginsberg-controversy-recalled.html

I feel a bit of a psychic bond with Ginsberg, too, because of an eerie coincidence.

When I first conceived my concept for my blog, out-of-the-blue, the name "Tattler" kept bouncing around inside my head as I toyed with conceptual ideas and my subsequent vision for the blogosphere entity.

The "Tattler" stuck and has been growing in leaps and bounds ever since.

Curiously, when I was deep in my research on Mr. Ginsberg, I was startled to discover that the celebrated author was once the editor of the school newspaper - The Tattler - at Columbia University.

Was the openly-gay artist influencing me from the spirit world?

This inquiring mind wants to know!




No comments:

Post a Comment