.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Illegal Immigrants...New York Times & Mayor Bloomberg agree with moi!




There's a border there for a reason!
(duh)




A few days ago, in response to a column written by a Los Angeles Times journalist, I penned my thoughts on the escalating illegal immigrant problem in California which is running rampant.

Of course, my die-hard readers were not surprised when I didn't mince words!

After all, I believe in calling a spade a spade.

Post: 01/04/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/01/latinoscrystal-ball-portends-disaster.html

I expected a few shrinking violets - and host of supporters of the illegals' cause - to lambast me for being too harsh.

But, frankly, I was pleasantly surprised when the New York Times staff echoed my sentiments a day or two later!

In the article - in which they noted they supported Mayor Bloomberg's position that illegal immigration must end in this country - they further argued that illegal immigrants should assimilate (my words exactly) into the American cultural landscape and learn to speak English.


That evening, I dashed out and snapped up a bottle of bubbly - and later, as I drafted a post - toasted the Mayor's Office and the New York Times editorial staff.

You betcha!

Suppose us wrinkly old white dudes have to stick together to the bitter end, eh?

Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment