.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, January 18, 2010

San Francisco...chattering birds a sign! Storm warning...



The other night I strolled out of the Embarcadero shopping mall and suddenly found myself on the edge of a well-manicured little park off of a sidestreet.

When a bronze sculpture caught my eye in the distance, I proceeded to head in that direction in order to inspect the artwork up-close.

As I drew near, hundreds of birds alighting in the branches of trees all above me, began to chatter quite excitedly.

In fact, at one point, an eerie feeling swept over me.

The scene was reminiscent of one from Alfred Hitchcock's horror thriller "The Birds".

Fortunately, I am familair with signs and portents in nature.

When birds slightly alight (or hover) in the sky - and chatter incessantly in the branches of the trees overhead - it is usually a warning of inclement weather or the eruption of some other force of nature (such as an earthquake).

In fact, if you pay keen attention to your own pets - or wild animals in the vicinity of your neighborhood - oftentimes they'll tip you off that some unexpected natural event may be on the horizon.

Sure enough, after I witnessed the bird phenomenon the other night, a huge storm blew into town.

Uncanny!

Birds Chattering (San Francisco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHJwDx2sz2I&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij_cITqb9r4




No comments:

Post a Comment