.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Los Angeles Superior Court...interest scam! Motorists' funds withheld...


Flower & coffee fund?




A few weeks ago I got a ticket.
Because the Police Officer was a bozo, I decided to contest the citation.

Unfortunately, even if a motorist chooses to argue the merits of a dismissal of a case, the court requires that the "defendant" post "bail" pending a determination by the Judge.

There are a couple of problems with that, in my estimation.

For starters - depending on how busy the court is - a hearing date may take weeks to place on calendar.

And, if a citizen requests an extension due to family problems or work commitments, the time frame may be extended a few weeks.

Meanwhile, the court holds onto the money. But, is it held in trust?

No, not in any manner of speaking.

In my instant case, once the ticket was dismissed, I was advised that my "bail" money would be returned within sixty days.

But, it was not until the eve of the due date, that a check finally arrived in the mail.

Then, I noticed something curious.

In spite of the fact the check was written two weeks earlier, the postmark reflected the court neglected - for some inexplicable reason - to mail it out until the day before I received it.

Notwithstanding, I was flabbergasted when I noticed that in spite of the fact the "bail" money was held in the court's bank account for a few months, no interest had been added to my draft.

Doesn't that sound dishonest and unethical?

While my paltry sum didn't amount to a lot of interest standing alone in an account, imagine how much interest would be generated on monies deposited on funds collected from thousands of motorists each month!

Is the interest accounted for? Are the funds declared?

And, more importantly, what does the court do with money?

I'll wager that Judge Parkin is behind the interest scam.

If you recall, Parkin is the Presiding Judge who got his hand caught in a slush fund at the courthouse a few years ago.

I suppose he's divvying up the ill-gotten gains among his corrupt cronies down at the courthouse.

Do 'ya think?

There outta be a law!





No comments:

Post a Comment