.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, August 8, 2008

John Edwards...Oh, my gosh! Had an afffair. More like Kennedy than I thought!

John primps for love tryst...


There must be something about Politics that revs up the old libido.

But - somehow - everyone thought that Edwards was a different kind of stud - um - breed of horse (in that regard, anyway).

To many, he gave the impression of being a loving husband and family man.

Golly - when I compared him to a charismatic John Kennedy - I was closer to the target than I ever imagined.

After all, John Kennedy was such a womanizer.

As George would say in - "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" - what archery!

After all, it's just been reported that John Edwards had a clandestine "affair".

Apparently - when the handsome Presidential Candidate was first confronted with the allegations - he dismissed the so-called gossip as "Tabloid Trash".

On the heels of the startling revelations now, many are irked by the fact he gave the stalwart impression that he was a forthright husband standing by his cancer-stricken wife.

Golly, there have been allegations that he fathered a child, too.

But, he's off the hook on that one.

A former campaign staff member stepped forward and acknowledged he is the father.

Sounds like this young lady was passed around, doesn't it?

The seedy goings-on along the campaign trail sure titillate!

Edwards confessed that he disclosed the tawdry details to his wife and family long ago. Then, shame-faced, he revealed he hoped the knowledge of the love tryst would never see the light of day.

An ABC News feature intends to report this evening that Edwards lied repeatedly about the affair with 42-year-old Rielle Hunter. And, that he has admitted that Tabloid reports that he secretly met with Hunter at the Beverly Hills Hilton, were actually true.

"In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake, and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness. Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public."

He added that he was ashamed of his conduct and the choices he made with regard to his supportive family.

"I took responsibility for my actions back then. I take full responsibility now, publicly."

But, he has not stepped forward, without a lot of soul-searching.

"In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

David Bonior - who managed Edwards' bid for the presidency - acknowledged to the press he was not only disappointed, but angry.

"Thousands of friends of the senator's and his supporters have put their faith and confidence in him, and he's let them down," said Bonior.

"They've been betrayed by his action."

Asked whether the affair would damage Edwards' future aspirations in public service, Bonior astutely noted for the record,

"You can't lie in politics and expect to have people's confidence."

The whole fiasco makes him look like such a hypocrite, too.

After all, when Edwards was a Senator, he made some pretty disparaging remarks about President Clinton and his affair with Monica Lewinsky.

"I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

There are also hints of some other improprieties, too.

Edwards' political action committee allegedly paid $100,000 (in a four-month span) to a firm run by Hunter to direct Web videos showing Edwards in candid moments.

But things get curiouser.

The payments to - "One America Committee to Midline Groove Productions LLC" - started just five days after Hunter incorporated the firm in Delaware.

The initial six-figure payment was followed with two smaller payments totaling $14,461 on the first day of April in 2007.

Sounds like pay for play, doesn't it?

Well, as I always said,

A stiff di** has no conscience!

No comments:

Post a Comment