.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bill Clinton...e-mails an invite to moi to attend the Democratic National Convention...for 5 bucks!

I'll be third on the left behind Bill...



Gosh - I thought I put a block on e-mails from wily Hillary and slick Willy after they went down with the good ship lollipop - with the express intent of zapping all future communications into the spam mail box.

Well, maybe it slipped my mind. Or - just maybe the Clinton's have powerful Voo-Doo powers way beyond Yahoo's protective arm - that I am unfamiliar with.

You guessed it.

The persistent duo landed in my Yahoo mail box later this afternoon with an invitation for me to put in my face at the Democratic National Convention next week in Denver.

Get this! All I have to do is pay a paltry five bucks.

Is Barack aware of the cheapie party the Clinton's are tossing beneath his presumptive nose?

In the communication - addressed quite simply to "Dear Julian" - Bill starts off methodically by noting that he has done a lot of role-playing - um - played so many roles at so many of the Dem Conventions over the years.

Yeah, he's been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate and - oh, that was Frank Sinatra - wasn't it?

I'll let him use his own choice words,

"I've been there as a campaign worker, a governor, a keynote speaker, a nominee, a president, and a former president."

Then, he goes on to tease me a little,

"But no convention is quite like your first. There is nothing like seeing for the first time so many people in one place working toward one common purpose: electing the next Democratic president. It's an inspiration and you don't want to miss it if you have a chance."

I'll hop right to it, Bill.

So, what's the catch?

For starters, Bill urges that I act right away.

"Take Hillary up on her offer and contribute by midnight tonight for a chance to attend the Denver convention in person. You'll get to see Hillary speak on Tuesday, and Barack Obama - the next president (?) of the United States - on Thursday."

But, what about that McCain guy? 'Ya know, the wrinkly old dude that Paris Hilton is always fussing over?

He's of no consequence, I guess.

Besides, there's a bonus for me if I jump on the bandwagon tonight.

Bill notes Hillary will take time out of her busy schedule (!) to have a one-on-one chat with moi.

Fireside, I wonder?

Guess what? Bill also assures me he'll saunter by to say hello, too.

I must jot down a reminder on my "to do" list not to forget my miniature video cam.

But, I have to act fast; after all, the instructions - er - invitation is quite specific:

"Enter (?) before midnight tonight for a chance to see me, Hillary, and Barack Obama at the convention in Denver next week!"

If I don't respond by twelve on the dot, what will happen?

Will I turn into a pumpkin or - eghads - a full-fledged republican, do 'ya think?

Do you take pay pal?

No comments:

Post a Comment