.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Terrorism...FBI "tip line" for reporting suspicious activity!








Today, I was cruising the Internet to locate a site where I could lodge a complaint against the U.S. letter-carriers who have been tampering with my mail at the West Hollywood Postal Station (CA) where I rent a mailbox.

At the FBI site, I inputted data to a "tip line", that I thought handled complaints of this nature.

Imagine my surprise when I received a personal communication back from an agent at the FBI a few minutes later informing me that the site was set up just after 9/11 and functions as a clandestine outlet for Americans to report suspicous activity that may be related to terrorism in the U.S.

Here is how the law enforcement official described the "tip line":

"Our operation is completely automated and paperless. Submitted tips are received immediately, reviewed within minutes and prioritized by trained Professional Support personnel, and Agents set action leads within the hour, as appropriate."

"We encourage you to share this information with your family, friends, and co-workers, and encourage them to not hesitate to submit information they may deem of interest to the FBI".

So, there you have it, folks!

The agent requested that I take note that there isn't any e-mail direct contact address to submit info to.

The automated system is designed to track all information received and to ensure that all the "tips" are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.

Therefore, tipsters must surf over to the FBI.GOV web site to report the specifics.

The FBI cautioned they "WILL NOT" (in CAPS just like that!) open or respond to “reply” email."

I'm impressed!

One of the top Law Enforcement agencies in the U.S. is on-the-ready 24/7 to take action!

Now that I have been apprised of that fact, just betcha I'll be able to sleep at night, without counting sheep.


No comments:

Post a Comment