.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Richard Raddon...resigns elitist post at the Los Angeles Film Festival. He hurt people so good riddance!


News has just filtered out that Richard Raddon has resigned his post as Director of the annual Los Angeles Film Festival.

Management at the Festival site issued a release in which they confirmed that Mr. Raddon - who was at the center of a controversy since it was revealed that he contributed $1,500 to the Proposition 8 campaign to ban gay marriage in California - resigned his post on November 25th (2008).

"I'm personally saddened by the outcome," said a Film Independent Board member - Bill Condon - writer-director of the hit "Dreamgirls."

"Someone has lost his job and possibly his livelihood because of privately held religious beliefs. I think the organization was ready to tough this out, but Rich ultimately decided it wasn't worth the cost. I'm not sure he was right."

On the contrary, it was right that Mr. Raddon resigned.

Notwithstanding his donation to the "Proposition 8" cause - Raddon also mistreated myself and others in recent months - in spite of the fact there was no conduct on our part that deserved such outrageous insults.

For example, I penned a post a few weeks ago in which I reported on improper conduct Mr. Raddon engaged in, in respect to access to festival events.

Mr. Raddon not only levelled strange abusive conduct at me in the month of June earlier this year, but also denied my entitlement (and right) to cover the Los Angeles Film Festival as a member of the press for no good reason.

In fact, in a perverse whim - last minute - odd-ball Raddon chose to deny me access to the Festival circuit in Westwood - and ultimately - discriminated against me in the process.

Post: 06/10/08

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2008/06/los-angeles-independent-film.html

In view of the foregoing, I - for one - have no sympathy for Raddon's plight today.

In fact, Mr. Condon's arguments in support of Mr. Raddon, fall on deaf ears.

Deservedly so!

I say good riddance to a bad seed!

The creative community - and the film and gay community - will be better off without him in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment