.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Proposition 8...protestors ignore truth. Until role of "blacks" is acknowledged movement is discriminatory in nature!


The other day I penned a post in which I noted that a blogger (Monster 62) alleged in a comment on my blog that 70% of the Black Community voted "Yes" on Proposition 8.

In addition, "Monster 62" proceeded to accuse gays in West Hollywood of being racist, and asserted that it served them "right" for having their bid for "same-sex" marriages denied.

In my response, I put the issue of racism to rest, when I stated a number of facts for the record.

In the final analysis, I also pointed out that - in retrospect - the "black" community apparently stabbed the "gay" community in the back.

As the protests began to heat up in the streets this past week, I continued to report on the issues.

For instance, yesterday I posted a report in which I noted that the "boycott" appeared to be working.

El Coyote restaurant - a target of protestors twice this week - rustled up $500.00 to donate to the cause to overturn Proposition 8.

Today, I was quite appalled when I read in the Los Angeles Times - that at a rally at City Hall yesterday - organizers for the event urged protestors not to blame the black community!

Notwithstanding Monster 62's comments on my blog, exit polls verify that "blacks" voted 2 to 1 in favor of the passing of Proposition 8.

As far as I am concerned, the proposition 8 movement made a turn for the worse yesterday, when their idiot organizers uttered up those comments at the event.

If you ask me - those dim-witted misguided individuals should be strung up by the ba**s (or ti**ies, whichever applies) - and hung out to dry.

If the anti-prop 8 protestors aren't going to recognize the role that blacks played in the passing of the ban on gay marriage in the State of California, then the grass roots movement has suddenly taken a nasty turn for the worse.

In essence - their protests against Mormons (like the one levelled at an El Coyote employee for donating $100 to the Proposition 8 initiative) and Evangelicals and businesses they choose to focus on based on a secret agenda they've mapped out for the cause - amount to outright acts of discrimination - and ultimately - the wrongful harassment of a select few.

Until the anti-prop 8 protestors and organizers recognize the role that blacks played in the passing of Proposition 8 - and place the blame where it rightly deserves to be placed - the movement is not only misguided but a mean-spirited witch-hunt with no credible legs.

Until the organizers (who obviously have sh** for brains) announce their intention to include blacks who voted "yes" on proprosition 8 in their protests along with the others they are currently seeking to openly tar-and-feather in the streets of Los Angeles (and elsewhere) I don't intend to give any more coverage to the ugly meaningless cause.

A number of my friends - and contacts in the media - agree with the stance I've taken, too.

As Merry Browne once noted:

"Preconceived notions are the locks on the door to wisdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment