.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Vons...employees @ Vegas grocer courteous & outgoing! Kudos...










In one post this past week I was a bit harsh with the locals in Las Vegas on the heels of a couple of annoying frustrating encounters with clueless unskilled store employees at a handful of local retail outlets.

Subsequently, I thought it only fair to also mention occasions when workers act in an exemplary fashion, too.

After all, these selfless giving individuals - who toil away daily - are role models to look up to.

For example, before I started off on the next leg of my journey in the Mojave Desert, I popped into Vons to snatch up some snacks to nibble on.

A down-to-earth woman stepped out from behind the cooler in the Deli section and greeted me with a broad smile.

“Anything I can help you with, dear?”

Then, she offered me a free sample of chicken just rousted from the oven.

The butcher behind the meat case grinned and gave me a cheery hello, too.

When I got to the small line at the check-out - a gentleman with a few more items than moi - beckoned for me to go ahead.

Smooth sailing at Vons.

It used to be pleasant like this at Pavillions in West Hollywood until an unsavory element took over.

I confess!

All the folks I crossed paths with at Vons in Vegas were midde-class white Americans without any "attitude" or delusions of grandeur.

Maybe that was why the service was so prompt, courteous and professional!

Maybe I need to re-think where I shop on a regular basis, eh?

Kudos to Vons.

No comments:

Post a Comment