.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Life's embarrassing moments...duh!






After catching the side-splitting comedy - "Killers" (a review will follow) - I inadvertently tossed my validated parking ticket into the trash as I did a bit of aimless window shopping at the Century City shopping center.

OMG!

As I was taking a leisurely glide down the escalator, it struck me like a bolt of lightning!

No tickie - no laundry!

I quickly turned on my heel and dashed back to the trash bin (blush!) where I flippantly tossed the precious little commodity a few moments earlier and dove in to the half-full container - rife with partially-eaten candy, old newspapers, lipstick-covered cigarette butts, and the like - on a madcap search for my stub.

Suddenly, I felt as if there were a thousand eyes on me.

I glanced up for a sec and scanned the terrain.

Golly, a pretty curvacious blond - perched a few feet away in a chic designer dress - gave me a wide-eyed startled look.

A sheepish look flashed across my face.

"I tossed my parking ticket in the trash by mistake," I mumbled (feeling the total idiot).

Without skipping a beat, she shot back.

"Oh, I've done that before."

Whew!

Obviously, I wasn't a complete and utter a**, not in her eyes anyway.

Next time, I'll secure the little sucker inside my wallet, to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I mean, who wants to pay $7.00 for parking, when it's free with Theatre validation?

Not moi!


No comments:

Post a Comment