.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Maria Conchita Alonso...an intimate evening in Beverly Hills! Chic elegant lady...



Photo-shopped image by Vinayak Razdan




A few weeks ago, I crossed paths with Maria Conchita Alonso at a red carpet event which was specifically organized to raise funds for a vital cancer charity.

This past week, Maria's publicist invited me to attend an intimate evening with the popular star on tony Canon Drive in Beverly Hills.

When I strolled into the swank environs of the trendy cafe playing host to the event, a posse of media types were clamouring for the chance to get up-close-and-personal with the charismatic beauty as she held court.

Right away, I was struck by her passion for life.

Although poised and in control throughout the interview, Ms. Alonso often let fly with the flutter of a hand, or stabbed the air with a finger or two to stress a point she was making about this 'n that.

In addition to being an expressive touchy-feely sort-of-woman, Alonso has quite the fashion sense, too.

The three beautiful bracelets crafted in silver that adorned one wrist cleverly accented an eye-catching matching ring that sheathed one finger from its base to the edge of  a satin-colored nail which subtly hinted at high maintenance.

The chic black-on-black ensemble tossed on her lithe figure suited her to a "T" and underscored her penchant for understated elegance.

For a short while, I listened in on a couple of the insightful interviews (at the same time kicking myself  for not being more fluent in Spanish)  a couple of Latino reporters (both local & National) were anxious to caputure on film stock.

Maria is articulate, yes - but more importantly - quite focused on both her life and career in general.

With two more engagements ahead of me to attend across town, I was forced to switch gears and make a hasty exit, but not before Ms. Alonso had the opportunity to openly greet me and shake my hand warmly.

Yesterday, her publicity agent promised to fire off a release to inform me of upcoming projects, so I could pass on the delicious tidbits to her adoring fans.

Unfortunately, it either slipped the dizzy Queen's mind, or there is nothing in the works.

In that event, I surmise the get-together in BH was orchestrated to rustle up a dollop of publicity and put Ms. Alonso in the glare of the spotlight.

Deservedly so!




No comments:

Post a Comment