.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, December 1, 2008

UCLA...research library staff in petty tiffs over affection of stray cat!


Sometimes people literally astound me with their lunacy!

Take the female staff at the UCLA Research library, for example.

When I first began venturing up to the facility a few weeks ago, I spied a beautiful stray cat which skirted the employees whenever they entered or exited the building.

A couple of the older women (overweight and obviously single) would trot up to the feline beauty and attempt to stroke his lustrous fur.

In response, he'd high-tail it out of there; so, they were left with the option to cast a few morsels of food on the ground and gaze longingly from the sidelines as he gobbled up the snack.

A short while after I began to visit the library on a regular basis, the cat was soon striding up to me, rubbing his body next to mine - and quite generally - acting like he was my own personal house pet.

Of course, that didn't sit well with the menopause ladies!

Instead of acknowledging the cat's capacity to be affectionate - or likewise being thankful that I was feeding him with some nutritious food each morning when I arrived on campus - the tired old gals started to take pokes at me.

This morning a fortyish woman who works for Animal Welfare stopped by to check on the stray cats, and made a snide remark as I walked off towards the library, that I should take away the left-overs when the cat was finished eating.


"A couple of the ladies inside complained."

Can you imagine?

They never take it upon themselves to do that with their own meager offerings!

They're so jealous of my relationship with a stray cat - of the kind which has eluded them in spite of their concerted overbearing efforts to warm up - that now they are attempting to disparage my own heartfelt efforts to nurture a homeless cat.

The welfare of the cat is what is of utmost importance, isn't it?

Gosh, life for a woman at 50 must be miserable!

Notwithstanding, I also found it curious that the woman who was the bearer of this cutting remark, acts somewhat strangely herself.

For starters, it should be noted that in spite of the fact she's assigned the task by Animal Welfare to check in on the cats, she's unable to inch much closer to kitty either.

From the get-go, I also felt an eerie vibe emanating from her aura, for some inexplicable reason.

Within days of meeting, she started getting all clingy and up-close.

One day, as I started to depart, she tried to lasso me into taking on her cat load.

When I graciously bowed out of the offer, she turned on me!

Ah, rejection. Terrible thing, isn't it?

But, her odd-ball behaviour goes much deeper than that.

When I noted I came across the most beautiful pure white cat on Crescent Heights the other morning, she made a bizarre comment.

"Black & white cats shouldn't be out on the 31st because Satanists."

Huh?

Let's just suffice to say that from now on I'm steering clear of her - and the other emotionally-padded ladies - by a country mile.

No wonder so many men are gay!


No comments:

Post a Comment