.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Las Vegas...day after Christmas & decorations are down! Business as usual...


When I strode out of my Hotel this morning bright and early in search of breakies to satisfy a hunger pain in my gut, I was taken aback when I spied a posse of City Workers disassembling the festive Christmas tree which lit up the downtown strip (on Fremont Street) just yesterday!

One day after the Sainted birth of Jesus Christ (Our Lord) and it's already back-to-business as usual in Las Vegas!

I expect that the tree and trimmings were just meant to appease a handful of Christians who popped into town to celebrate the Holy "day".

Now that the sacred moment has passed, time to sweep out the sentiment and get back to making the big bucks, eh?

I guess no one informed Las Vegas City Officials that it is bad luck to take down a Christmas tree before New Years Day.

As the Chinese would say:

"May you live in interesting times."

Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment