.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sarah Brightman...boo! hiss!



If you're like me, when you hop on the net to play, work - or just plain surf through the blogosphere - you may be inclined to snap on the headphones and pipe in some background music as you tool around.

Today, my body is gently lilting to Dvorak's "New World Symphony" (Going Home).

Why, even Olympic Gold Medalist - Michael Phelps - is infamous for tuning his ear to some heady upbeat tunes to add a bit of splash to the water games.

The other morning I was in a mood for - gosh darn it, I confess - melodramatic song stylings by Sarah Brightman.

But, lo and behold!

When I clicked on the video to spank that monkey?

Nada!

At first, I thought the earplugs weren't resting soundly in the socket.

No Sir, all systems were a go.

Ah, maybe the volume was on mute?

When that panned out, I glanced up at the screen and spied a message from youtube.

And then, the ugly truth befell me.

"No longer available. EMI has claimed rights to this tune."

Boo! Hiss!

I'm mad as he** and I'm not going to take it anymore.

In fact, I'm going to burn all the Sarah Brightman CDs I don't own.

Well, that's the crux of it, eh?

Ms. Brightman is heading out on a leg of a concert tour, so why should her label offer up the music for free?

Even still, I think the scurrilous strategy was a boo-boo.

Videos on youtube are generally a bit fuzzy anyway, for starters.

So, I'm inclined to believe that in view of that - and if given the half-the-chance to get cozy with a performer - music lovers may just go out and buy a brand spanking new CD in the end scenario.

You blew it, Sarah!

By the way, were you Frank Lloyd Wright's beard, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment